Community Read & Dialogue: "White Fragility"
It's time for a courageous conversation about racism.
Join SOPHIA and our communities as we read and discuss Robin DiAgnelo's "White Fragility." See below for group discussion dates, locations, facilitators, and details.
Please sign up using the links below so we know how many people to expect at each location.
Pick up your book and start reading today!
Interested in hosting your own discussion group? Contact Kayla Larson at email@example.com.
Location: FIRST CONGREGATIONAL UCC (Waukesha)
DATES: Wednesdays, October 2, 16, & 30 | 8:30-10:00 AM
HOST: Rev. Marty Coons (SOPHIA Religious Leaders' Caucus) | firstname.lastname@example.org
- This discussion group is geared toward faith leaders, although all are invited to attend.
SIGN UP: Email Marty Coons at email@example.com
Location: MARTHA MERRELL'S BOOKS (Waukesha)
DATES: Thursdays, October 10, 24 & November 7 | 7:00-8:30 PM
HOST: Rev. Jim Bickel (SOPHIA Racial Equity Team) | firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 10: Read chapters 1-2
- October 24: Read chapters
- November 7: Read chapters
SIGN UP: Call Martha Merrell's at 262-547-1060
Location: BEER SNOBS (Hartland)
DATES: Tuesdays, October 15 & 22 | 7:00-9:00 PM
HOST: Beccah Schmidt (Church of the Resurrection) | email@example.com
- October 15: Read chapters 1-6
- October 22: Read chapters 7-12
Location: UNITED UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST CONGREGATION (Waukesha)
DATES: Sundays, October 20 and November 3 & 17 | 1:00-2:30 PM
HOST: Rev. David Kraemer (SOPHIA Racial Equity Team) | firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 20: Read chapters 1-3
- November 3: Read chapters 4-12
- November 17: Read chapters 4-12
Location: OCONOMOWOC PUBLIC LIBRARY
DATES: Wednesdays, November 6 & 13 | 6:30-8:00 PM
HOST: Elissa Watson (SOPHIA Racial Equity Team) | email@example.com
- November 6: Read chapters 1-6
- November 13: Read chapters 7-12
Location: UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST CHURCH WEST (Brookfield)
DATES: Saturday, November 9 | 9:00-11:00 AM
HOST: Ann Heidkamp (UUCW Black Lives Matter Action Reflection Group) | firstname.lastname@example.org
- November 9: Read the entire book before attending