Transit Task Force
Working for transportation access and equity in Waukesha County and all of Wisconsin.
Next Meeting: February 13 at 11:00 AM
WISDOM State-Wide Transit Task Force Meeting
Wednesday, February 13 from 11:00 AM-3:00 PM
WISDOM Office, 2821 Vel R. Phillips Ave (formerly 4th St), Milwaukee WI 53212
This meeting is open to all SOPHIA members (and friends) interested in improving Wisconsin's transit system. The SOPHIA Transit Task Force has been working with the state-wide WISDOM Task Force towards securing funding for transit in the new state budget.
In this meeting we will:
- review our goals and strategy (and the reason we came to that strategy)
- work on tactics that will help us succeed, prepare for WISDOM's Madison Action Day (March 26)
- plan for the Joint Finance Committee budget public hearings
More information about this meeting:
- This is a potluck; please bring something to share if you are able
- We are happy to organize carpools to assist with transportation
- Because there will be several small group discussions and workshop-like items on the agenda, there will not be a call-in number for this meeting. We are happy to share information with those who cannot attend, and we encourage you (if you're part of an organization) to send another member in your place if you are not able to attend.
RSVP (important so you receive all the details) and get more information: https://goo.gl/forms/sQUhqRYJcB5h0aXF2
Contact: Sister Barbara Pfarr at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-841-2762
Recent Work & Resources
Arrive Together: Transportation Access and Equity in Wisconsin
A first of its kind report, "Arrive Together" shows how people’s needs are not being met by Wisconsin’s transportation system. The report examines the effectiveness of public transit access to major employers and other areas of interest in nine cities and regions across Wisconsin. It highlights stories from transit riders, opportunities for improvement within transit systems, and the serious barriers and needs for improvement at the state level.